Monday, October 5, 2009

Praha

Prague is amazing! It was worth the seven hour train ride from Munich to see what Prague had to offer us. Our first day there we didn't have time for much. We checked into our sweet pension and walked around "New Town" and ate some Czech food. It was good. Ev's Sausage was as long as my small intestine.

Our second day in Prague we left... and went to Kutna Hora. We mostly went there to see the "Bone Church", but we both ended up really enjoying the sights all around Kutna Hora. There was a beautiful cathedral called St. Barbara's and the whole city was very picturesque and quaint. I have to say, however, the "Bone Church" Kostnice was the highlight of the visit. It was so very weird and fascinating. When we got back to Prague we had a few more moments of daylight, so we walked around the rest of "New Town" and then called it a night.


The third day we went all over and saw everything that we could. Painful feet and legs. Loads of pictures. Lots of miles under our belts.
"Old Town" was this day. It looks the same as "New Town" but is separated by a street. We saw Jewish Quarter, Little Quarter, and Castle Quarter. The castle was insanely HUGE. We walked around it not knowing you could get in and that showed us how big it was. Then we stumbled across the entrance guarded by the stone-faced guards. Kind of sissy looking. We walked around the inside and found the Coolest church of Prague and can't even remember what it's called. Little Quarter wasn't little. It had big beautiful buildings. Jewish quarter was a rip off so we didn't spend much time there; It was pretty old and had a very interesting history.

The last day in Prague we spent most of it just wandering around admiring the beautiful city we were about to leave. We saw the show of the Astronomical clock and it is pretty amazing what they were able to do so many years ago. We just spent the last night in Prague getting ready for our trip the next morning to ROME!!! So exciting!

5 comments:

Shels said...

LOVE IT!!!!! and even more glad that you love it!!!!! Ryan and I had a contest to see who could make the guards loose their stone-face first. Needless to sat, they are pretty intense and never flinched. I would never be good a that job.
Can't wait to hear all about Rome!
And eat some pizza a gelato!

Tori said...

Looks like a blast, I am jealous you guys are having such fun and going on adventures!

marie eldredge said...

Hi, guys! Wow, that "Bone Church" is morbid. Wish I could be a stow away in your baggage to see all of it w/ y'all. I see in one of the shots that you enjoyed an Orange Fanta. It's better in Europe than it is here. I miss the European version. Drink up and enjoy! I'm excited to see all the pics when you get back.

Archer Fam said...

Hey guys awesome pics- we miss you a lot. Gracie prays Katie and Ev come home safely every night/meal. Your following demands more postings/e-mails. They are becoming restless and uneasy. Hey, is Czech Coca-Cola as good as Mexican? I've heard Europeans smoke monkey poop. True? Cami said that I've gone too far. Gotta go! Europeans are wierd!! But me some smokes.

melissa said...

So fun to hear about everything and see pictures, makes me want to go! Would you ever live anywhere you have visited and if so where. Nolan and I have talked about someday living in Europe, we'll see if it ever becomes more than a thought, you never know! Love you guys. Have fun in Rome!