We just got done touring around Deutschland and we both instantly fell in love with it! From the moment we flew in it was nothing but beautiful scenery and some of the nicest people in the world! We love the Germans! We stayed strictly in Bavaria, so we weren't able to go up to Berlin. We'll have to save that for another time. Our first day (after 7 hours of sleep in a three day period) was spent in Wurzberg & Rothenberg before heading to our hotel in Munich. There we saw the most beautiful villages along the romantic road and we ate our first official German Bratwurst (and yes, it was amazing!)
The second day in Germany was spent at Dachau concentration camp. All of the information I learned there my stomach churned; and seeing picture after picture of the torture that occurred made me literally sick to my stomach. Despite the queezy feeling, being there felt very sacred and Evan and I left Dachau feeling appreciative of all that we have (especially each other). After Dachau we sped down to Swangau to see King Ludwig's castle. It was utterly breathtaking. All the Bavarians wanted to kill him for using their tax money to build that castle but... man... I would have wanted that castle, too! It is so amazing that if you were to come to Germany to see one thing... you should probably see that.
Last day in Germany was spent in Nurmberg to see all the historical Nazi sights and to see the magestic old town of Nurmberg. It was an interesting and beautiful day.
WE LOVE GERMANY!!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Deutschland
Posted by Katie_Stoker at 7:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you would like Germany I'm sure the Germans liked you too. You and your blonde haired blue eyed perfect raceness
P.S. Don't you think your pansie brothers are funny. I had to watch Joby go into a Dad like frenzie and pace while stating "I can't believe they didn't send us their itinerary. thats just irresponsible!" I was like, "dudes, they are on a vacation of a lifetime. emailing itinerary is not going to happen. Their fine." I was then yelled at for being irresponsible as well. Glad your having fun!
Katie... I'm so jealous right now. I'm so going to Europe someday when I grow up.
That looks like a blast! I'm stoked to see all of your pictures-in a month! By the way when Joby is saying something is irresponsible that should put everyone on notice. I'm like a nervous labradoodle, so it's expected with me.
LOVE THE PICTS!!! The food looks so yummmy.... bring some home with you :)
wow!!! So amazing! Thanks for writing about your trip so far...I like to imagine myself in all those places too :)
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment