In the middle of October, we made the long trek to Colorado to visit the Moore family. It was worth every ugly second of driving. Aunt B had an agenda of what we were doing and what we were eating, so all we had to do was sit back and enjoy the ride. B took all of the girls (Jamie, me, and A) to a 'farm' in Fort Collins where Adelaide could see farm animals up close and personal. Her favorite was the goats (as you will see in a picture below)
She got to feed the goats and sheep but she was a little scared, so J showed her how it was done.
She kept trying to hug the goat. I think it reminded her a little of Lucy.
Opening her first birthday present from her aunt B and uncle Jimmy.
All the girls!
So, Fort Collins does this creepy thing called the Zombie Crawl. I had to go check it out, so Jamie and Trent were nice enough to let me tag along as we went and checked out all of the zombies. Some of them were very convincing....a little too convincing. I was ready for the inevitable zombie attack after this experience.
There were also lots of weird people...like this tie-dyed man. This wasn't a costume. This was real. He even told us that he has another suit at home with tie-dyed shoes that go with it. That is tie-dye dedication, folks. And a little bit of crazy.
We also saw a dude getting busted for zombie attacking people. I don't know if that's really true, but a girl can dream.
Our last day we headed out in the afternoon, so we had a fun day at the park in the morning to wear out Adelaide for the long drive home (it didn't work, FYI). I just love the look of joy on her face in this picture. Evan's look of joy is a close second.
It was a very fun trip and I was SO sad to go, but luckily the Moores are only an eight hour car ride away instead of an eight hour (slight exaggeration) plane ride.
0 comments:
Post a Comment