Sunday, October 30, 2011

Adelaide Meredith

I know every mother feels this way, but I truly believe that I have the cutest baby girl in the world. She already has a great personality and she is such a mix of Ev and I that she is just Adelaide (not Evan or Katie Jr.). Adelaide was born October 24 (over a week late) at 5 pm and she weighed 8 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long. She's an amazing little girl and we feel privileged to have such a good baby.
Here are a few pictures of her birthday:

Here is some photographic magic. Me before I gowned-up and after.
I had to wear oxygen for the last part of her delivery because her heart beat kept dropping. I think I look pretty cool and I think it gave me extra power when I was trying to push her out.

Us as new parents.

She kind of looked like the chief off of Peter Pan her first few days because her cheeks were (and still are) ginormous, her eyes were swollen from birth, and she was red... like the chief. I kept waiting for her to look at me through her squinty eyes and say "How" in a really deep voice.

We were able to go home 24 hrs after I had her because she and I were doing so well and we came home to our house all decorated. Our friends Scott & Britt had bedazzled our house with girl. It was fun to come home to. Thanks to all of our friends and especially our family for all the love and support. My bros and their families came out just to see little Adelaide on her birthday (and sweet Julie came out when she was due to have her baby boy) and it was SO awesome to have them and my sister-in-laws there with us.

1 comments:

Jordan and Katrina Hansen said...

Her cheeks are so delicious! She is absolutely beautiful Katie. I wish I could cuddle her and see her in person, but I loved looking at your pictures:)