Every year Logan-ites have the tradition of rolling their Easter eggs down Old Main Hill and seagulls have modified their migration for a stop there after Easter. It’s a nice little tradition and it’s kind of fun to see the hill covered with white seagulls as you drive up to campus… that is until you have to walk through the dense flock on the way back home.
Have you seen Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “The Birds”? I have, and while my mom was terrified of it, I found it very amusing… amusing until I started walking through all of those seagulls. All of a sudden that movie became very real to me and I started having flashes of the movie where the gulls are gauging out the eyes of people and pulling out their hair. I had a mini panic attack and had to talk myself out of running down the hill as fast as I could waving my arms and screaming. I now have a new respect for the movie “The Birds” and will avoid walking down Old Main Hill after Easter. Simply Terrifying.
Friday, April 29, 2011
The Birds
Posted by Katie_Stoker at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Old Main is the WORST for seagulls after Easter!
Almost as bad as the gulls at Fisherman's Warf in SF wanting your clam chowder in a bread bowl.
And not nearly as funny as Ter getting tazered by little hoodlums!
hehehehehe
I ate a pound of caramel praline fudge the day I watched The Birds and ended up throwing it all up when the birds were gouging out the people's eyes. Seriously, birds are freaky.
haha! the best part of that story is that I can just picture you telling it! I wish I could've heard that first person :)
Post a Comment