Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wasach Back

I got asked to run the Wasach Back a week before the race. I got two whole runs in for my training, but it turned out to be a really fun thing. I didn't know anyone on my team before the run, but they were all really awesome people and I had a great time with them. I was runner #12 and I was able to run the very last leg of the 188 mile race. It was an awesome experience (even running at 4:00 am with about 30 min. of sleep).

8 comments:

Tori said...

I think it's way awesome that you did it...I"m so not a runner, I think I would be good at driving the van... ha ha!

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

I love the picture build up to your hand off...even though I knew it was successful...I still got a little nervous the picture before it was placed safely in your hands.

Anonymous said...

Holy toledo! Nice job! It looks like a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

You are so impressing me, last minute sign on!! Of course the team wanted you, you are fearless Kate!

Kami said...

sheesh...I can't believed you took it on with such short notice - actually I can believe cuz you are amazing! How many miles did you have to cover?
Guess what I'm doing? A freakin triathlon (sprint)...what was I thinking????

Kellie said...

Hey miss Katie! Its your good old Raintree friend, Kellie. (if you can remember that long ago...we are getting old..ha) Just wanted to say hi, and say good job on the wasatch back. I really want to do it next year. Maybe by then I will be an actual runner, and not the wannabe that I am now.
-Kellie

Brittany and Adam said...

Thats awesome Kate! Good Job!

Unknown said...

wow your blog is fancy!