Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Marathon? Are you Serious?


Dead serious. I ran a freakin' marathon! It was beautiful and painful and wonderful. I couldn't have done it without Shelsie, Evan, and pretty much the whole Shaw family. The first twenty miles were nothing but enjoyable and serene. The last six, however.... not too hot. The only thing that kept me going was knowing that Evan was waiting for me at the end and I got to run the last three miles with the Shaw clan (Shels, Ryan, & Keith). Thank you to all of my supporters and for Sheryl, Whit, and the Stoker grandparents for coming down for the big day!

Before I saw Ev (Struggling)













After I saw Ev (Happy)

3 comments:

Joe and Jen said...

YEa for you! I think it is awesome that you ran a marathon. That is something that I will probably never be able to do but you rock!

Shels said...

WE DID IT GIRL! :) I am so proud of us. Are you hooked now?

Whitney B. Balls said...

Katie that is so awesome. Way to go! What a physical and mental challenge in every way!