Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Half of a Year

I don't know if you are aware of this, but half of a year goes by very quickly. It goes by even more quickly when you have a sweet little Laidy that takes up most of your time in the most delightful way. This little Laidy is starting to look more and more like a toddler and less and less like a baby. At six months old she is 18 lbs 10 oz, 27 inches long, has two bottom teeth and almost four top teeth, and has a very large personality. For her 6 month birthday celebration she and her BFF (Josie Lou Allen) went out on the town. They cruised around downtown Logan, watched their moms eat ice cream from the candy shop on the corner, and looked and laughed at each other. Besides Adelaide's meltdown before we all headed out and Josie's meltdown because Adelaide was in her bubble, the day went smoothly. Here are a few pics from her half a year birthday:

These are just a couple of pictures from her meltdown. It was too funny not to document it. Also, unlike most babies, Adelaide does not like to be cuddled or soothed when she is upset. She literally pushes me away and cries harder when I try to hug her and comfort her. Glad I'm already raising an independent chica...just wish she'd let me cuddle with her a little.

Notice the arm on my chest? That is constantly there so that I don't get the wrong idea. She's letting me hold her so that she can get around...nothing more. She wants to make sure there isn't too much hugging and kissing going on (even though I still force her to hug me every few minutes).

And this last documentation is little Josie Lou's meltdown which started when Adelaide sat on the bottom part of her stroller for a photo op. Apparently Josie has a bubble and Adelaide was in it because she was trying to kick A off the stroller. It was hilarious. Shels and I just laughed.
Anyhoo... Happy 6 months!!! (and 3 months for miss Josie)

1 comments:

Shels said...

oh my heck I laughed right out loud at that first picture!!!! what a kid!!!

And she may not be cuddly, but she sure LOVES her mommy!

And I am glad that A is so strong so Josie's kicking didn't even phase her. oh my