The fourth of July is top notch in Logan. There is the cruise-in, amazing fireworks, multiple Stokers in town, and this year we had a little shin-dig out at dad's house. I LOVE my nieces and nephews (my bros, sis-in-laws, and dad and Kathy aren't too bad either) and it was so fun to spend time with them and see how much they've grown and how awesome they are.
Friday night we went with the Stokers and watched the fireworks. I think that this was the best year yet for fireworks. They blew my mind and the finale was the best I've ever seen.
Saturday we went up to dad & Kathy's house and ate amazing food (as always), visited with the Joby Archer fam, headed to the cruise-in with them, and then had a BBQ with the Stoker's.Sunday was super fun. We went out to the 'ridge' and rode 4-wheelers, shot guns, and had a rib extravaganza with the Kofoed clan. It's starting to get chaotic with all the new chilluns when the Kofoed and Archer kids get together, but it was so fun to see all of them. TJ and his adorable fam also came up for the day and I couldn't help but squeeze Coop's cheeks all day.
Monday was also another fun day. We ate boyscout breakfast with Grandpa Stoker, went up to the Archer's and Ev got on a horse for the first time since he was 6 (maybe next time he can actually ride one.... this one looked like it was on death's door), shot more guns, said good-bye to Bub and his fam, and then came home for a BBQ at our house with some friends. We even had a rave with glow sticks and strobe light fireworks (no narcotics).
This was probably one of my favorite 4th of July weekends ever, but now I'm tired. I need a day or two to re-coup from my days 'off'.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
The 4th
Posted by Katie_Stoker at 1:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment